You'll want a glass or ceramic bowl, hot water, bath towel, and your choice of essential oils/loose herbs/or camomile tea bags.
1. Heat up some water and add it to your bowl.
2. Add in your chosen scents:
~ if you are adding essential oils use 1-2 drops ONLY.
~ loose herbs can be a generous sprinkling.
~ 1-2 tea bags of camomile tea
3. Set yourself up so you are able to sit and have your face over the bowl and drape your bath towel over your head and wrap around the bowl to create a little steam tent.
4. Enjoy for 5....10....15 minutes. Add some relaxing music or guided meditation and you've got a simple at home self care retreat.
5. Finish up your mini retreat with washing your face and adding some lotion and drinking some water to rehydrate.
Some essential oil combo's I use regularly:
rosemary and wild orange - refreshing pick me up
eucalyptus - great for colds and clearing sinuses
lavender and thyme - relaxing and good for sore throats
Herbs I use regularly:
calendula and rose
lavender and eucalyptus
Standard disclaimers apply - if you are allergic or sensitive to certain herbs or essential oils don't use them, careful not to burn you face or throat on the steam, take breaks and/or vent your towel tent if you are heat sensitive, and, as always, drink some water afterwards!!!
Jazmine Jade is a Techniques Certified CranioSacral Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, and Reiki Master. She lives and works in New Hampshire.